You have two weeks until vacation and are wondering if you should try a pre vacation cleanse so that you feel your absolute best on the beach.
There is nothing better than feeling totally ready for your vacation, but is doing a pre vacation cleanse worth it?
When you are totally ready to clock out and escape your day to day routine it can feel really empowering.
You feel confident in your skin, excited to strut around in the cute outfits you have planned, and ready to relax knowing you’ve taken care of everything ahead of time.
On the flip side, there is nothing worse than feeling bloated in a bikini, wishing you had spent a little extra time focused on busting your booty at the gym vs. beers at the bar.
In this post you will learn what a pre vacation cleanse is, when to start a pre vacation cleanse and the top pre vacation cleanse tips.
This post is all about how to pre vacation cleanse the right way!
How To Pre Vacation Cleanse
Listen, we have all been there. We have all felt (no matter how in or out of shape you feel you might be) the feeling of not looking “good enough” in a swimsuit.
That feeling is the worst!
In the end, the only thing that matters is how YOU feel when you travel. Nothing should hold you back from having the time of your life and feeling as though every moment was full of adventure.
Can you get ready for a vacation in a way that makes your body feel better vs. worse when you arrive? Absolutely.
This getting pre vacation cleanse checklist will be your best friend every time you travel so that you always feel prepared every time you step on the beach.
Who Should Pre Vacation Cleanse
Usually, there are two types of people looking to do a pre-vacation cleanse.
The first is the person who already has a fitness and/or health routine in place and wants to take a few extra steps before their vacation to ensure they feel their absolute best while traveling.
The second is the person who is googling “how to lose 20lbs in two weeks” hoping to find a magical solution so that they can feel good about their body while on vacation.
As someone who has done both (no judgement here!) I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is no magical solution for losing weight on a vacation. Anyone who claims there is is not selling anything that will benefit your body or mind in the long run.
So, can you pre vacation cleanse? Definitely. But, check in with yourself beforehand and ask if you are doing it in a way that adds to your life in a good way or a place of stress and pre vacation desperation?
Keep in mind the best results will always come from staying consistent rather than a crash cleanse that will most likely make you feel crazy.
Comparing yourself to others will only make you feel terrible. Comparing yourself to a past or future version of yourself won’t make you feel great either.
When Should I Start My Pre Vacation Cleanse?
The best time to start is now.
The tips below will give you a noticeable difference if you start even a week out from your trip. Imagine how great you will feel if you begin implementing them into your life on a more regular basis.
Do your research and use your intuition. Not everything works the same way for everyone. I’ll say it again, consistency/showing up daily is more important than anything else.
The longer you give yourself to implement changes the less likely you are to feel stressed. Stress is one of the biggest factors for holding onto and gaining weight.
Give yourself the opportunity to relax and enjoy the journey. There is nothing worse than stressing about a trip that is meant to bring you joy.
When you finally arrive to your vacation let yourself play in the ocean! Show off what you’ve currently got going on and love yourself while you do it.
Above all, you are where you are and it is perfect. Keep loving yourself as you shift and grow for the best results.
Pre Vacation Cleanse Tips
It totally depends on what your goals are and where you are starting from, but these are the best practices for your vacation body prep.
Start by integrating 1-2 that stand out to you rather than trying all of them at once days before your trip.
- Start drinking more water. This will help you stay hydrated, burn more calories, supress your appetite, create a healthy glow, and so many more. Truly this is one of the BEST ways to lose weight before you travel. Add lemon to your water in the morning for extra detoxification benefits.
- Get more sleep. If you are staying up late working extra hours or partying late into the night do not expect to show up on your vacation looking and feeling your best. Sleep is one of the easiest and fastest ways to lose weight before your vacation. Give your body lots of time to rest and recover from whatever pre vacation workout routine you have going on and you will be so happy with the results.
- Cut out alcohol. Yes, if you are wanting to show up in your swimsuit without the bloat, cut out your alcohol consumption 2-3 weeks before you travel.
- Count macros. First off, let me address the people who don’t like counting calories. First off, I hear you, but second counting calories can be really helpful to drop extra weight because you are taking out all of the guess work. If you eat in a deficit you are more lifely to lose weight and many people are very unaware of how much they actually consume. Not all calories are created equal so keep in mind if you are counting calories and eating junk food you are less likely to see as great of changes than if you were eating whole foods. Keep in mind different approaches work for different people and to see results this is an approach you would need to start sooner than two weeks until vacation.
- Cut salty foods, sugar and white carbs. These foods are sure to make you bloated. Cut them a few weeks before you trvael and swap for things like berries, nuts, extra veggies, protein shakes and fresh juice.
- Get in your cardio. Everyone is convinced cardio = killing yourself, which is simply not true. Some of the best results come from LISS cardio. This means you are moving slower for a longer period of time. This could include a moderately paced walk, hiking, swimming, elliptical etc. Consistency is key. Aim for 30-60 minutes 3-4 times a week or to amp it up 6-7 times a week depending on your fitness level.
- Weight training. Again, this is a great practice to add into your routine before you are ready for travel. If you are looking for a strong and toned physique on the beach get into the gym! Find a training program that inspires you and stick with it for atleast 3 months. You will notice incredible results.
- Get extra fiber in. Fiber helps the body (especially the gut) stay healthy. when your gut is healthy your body can more easily process foods and gets rid of inflammation. Add in some oats, flaxseeds, asparagus, beans and legumes.
- Add in potassium rich foods. Why? So you don’t feel bloated and so you can stay regular when you use the restroom! This includes bananas, grapefruits, sweet potatoes, leafy greens etc.
- Celery juice. Is this a fad or does it actually work? I can tell you first hand that it does. If you get bloated regulary and/or are not regular in the bathroom, try juicing celery in the morning. It is definitely a great and easy way to slim down.
- Take vitamins and minerals. Magnesium is great for recovery, vitamin B for energy, iron helps with energy and focus.
- Green tea. A great way to decrease belly fat is to drink green tea throughout the day. It gives the body nutrients and antioxidants that can help you slim down.
- Caffeine. Drinking a cup of coffee in the morning can curb your appetite and speeds up your metabolism which could potentially help with weight loss.
- Intermittent fasting. If you have a habit of late night snacking, this could be of benefit for you. The idea is to eat for an 8 hour window and fast for 16 hours. Many people experience incredible results with this method alone.
The moral of the story here is that crash cleansing is not the answer. Love yourself not matter what size or stage you are at and stop comparing yourself to others.
Do what you can to pre vacation cleanse before you travel, let go of destructive thoughts about yourself, and when you get there just enjoy the damn trip.
This post is all about how to pre vacation cleanse.
Other posts you might like: